Re: MGB fan direction

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB fan direction
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:15:51 -0400
Monte,
Sent a reply direct to you before reading this list. Never got your email
even though you sent one direct according to your header. I'm including the
body of the message her in case others are following this thread:

"Monte,
Had time yesterday and reversed my lefthand fan blade (viewed from front).
Should be a little more efficent now. If you have average size hands you
should be able to do it without removing the fan motor completely from the
car. Otherwise it may be necessary to remove front bumper for access and fan
motor removal.
Removed top fan mesh guard - two bolts
Removed front mesh grill - five screws
Disconnected fan bracket - two bolts
Loosened grub (set) screw on fan - shot with PB Blaster first (penetrant)
Reversed fan blade - deep dimple on motor shaft for the set screw
Re-mounted fan bracket
Once back together I noticed that the fan blade now sat closer to the
radiator than the untouched one. Simple matter to loosen the clamping bolt
on the bracket which holds the fan motor and slide it forward a little for
more clearance.
Reassembled rest of parts
Tested - both fans run CCW and both fans have thicker leading edge to the
left when viewed from front of car."

Mike
'79B