Re: [MG-MGB] Yet another Overdrive question (narrowing it down)

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Yet another Overdrive question (narrowing it down)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:17:48 +0100
Sounds like the adjustment of the lockout switch is marginal.  You will
probably have to remove the centre console, fold back the tunnel carpet,
remove the tunnel access plate and drop the cross-member to get at it, mine
was then on the top left-hand side of the gearbox near the front of the access
hole.  There should be at least two switches in that area, the OD is usually
obvious as it has a single thick wire from it going direct to the solenoid,
not back into the sub-harness like other wires.  All the above can vary with
year though.  Try tightening the switch, or if it is already tight undoing it
and removing one of the (normally two) spacer washers.