Re: Upcoming fun in Felton CA

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Upcoming fun in Felton CA
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:02:32 -0700
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 08:52:33PM -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:

> Even if a dyno test is not readily available, a few speed
> runs, 1/4 mile times, times for acceleration from 30-60 MPH
> in third or top, or 40-60, 40-70 in fourth along with the
> test weight would help determine the improvement.  State
> Dept transportation scales will quite often let you run over
> their scales to get a weight.
> --

1969 MGBGT, full 8 point roll cage, semi stripped interior, racing
seats both sides (kirkey left, corbeau GT on right), back seat removed
aluminum bonnet

in the format

LF      RF      front
LR      RR      rear
total

With about 10gal of petrol in tank and taken around august of 1999:

with driver:

614     643     1257
578     569     1143
2498

without driver:

574     666     1290
568     597     1165
2312

At Team Continental Race at T-hill 9/2002
about 160 track miles on tank of gas

674     568     1243
603     598     1201
2447 (from scale, my math says 2444)

I have not weighed the car since swapping the transmissions.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.