Grease Cap Removal and steering

Subject: Grease Cap Removal and steering
From: Ross Bateman <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:52:59 +0200
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have no way of check in the
archives from this location and will only be at my normal PC in two days.

I am stripping the susspension from my 68 B - Wire Wheels.

I am stuck with how to remove the grease cap from the hubs.
Looking through my MG Restoration Manual, they just tell you that you
need one when you rebuild the hubs. (The local Moss agent was closed as
we have have public holidays until Wdnesday)

Then the steering. I have the kink pin and stub axle loose, but the
whole assembly is still attached to the car by means of the Track Rod
End and Track Rod. What is the best way to sepperat this?
(I did try to remove the Steering Arm, but it is to tight to get loose)

Thanks for any input as I am stuck and have a free day tomorrow to work
on the car.

Ross