weber problems

To: "MG owners list serve" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: weber problems
From: "Don Toy" <dontoy@kiski.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:28:29 -0400
Oh great and powerful list, I seek your combined wisdom. I have a 1980 MGB
with a Weber Downdraught (sp) and headers. It has been desmogged. Recently
after running it close to empty (fuel), it developed a very bad miss. I
checked the plugs and they were not fouled with carbon or oil. Pulling the
leads with the engine running I have good fire at all four plugs. I noticed
that when I pulled #3 and #4 the engine wanted to stall. Remarkably pulling
the leads off plugs #1 and #2 made no difference in the idle. Obviously a fuel
delivery problem, but what would keep fuel from 1 & 2 but not 3 & 4?
Having 4 cars and 4 horses, I have little disposable income for a set of SU's
so I would appreciate not having my ba**s broke about replacing the Weber. Its
been very servicable up to this point. Thanks in advance.

Don Toy
"All great men are dead and I'm not feeling too well".-Marty Margherio
1954 MGTF
1980 MGB with a cough