RE: GT rear seat suitability for anything

To: "'Tim Baxter'" <baxter@gretschpages.com>, MG List
Subject: RE: GT rear seat suitability for anything
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:29:34 -0700
Tim:

If you remove the supplied rear seat cushion you end up with a pretty usable
area for a child seat.  I don't know about legality, but a competent
mechanic can easily install belt fastenings to the load floor to securely
mount a child seat.  OTTOMH I'd suggest removing the next to useless rear
seat back and replacing it with a solid bar to support the back of the child
seat at the correct angle.  The bar should also have some form of neck
support, depending on the child seat and child.

Use some race car fabrication technology and you can come up with a system
that is more secure than mounting the seat on the bench of a typical SUV.

I must admit to going on an MG club run with the infant carrier of my one
year old securely tied between the roll cage supports of my MGBGT.

Kelvin