Jerky ride

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jerky ride
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:00:52 -0400
Listers,
'Out with my 64 B today, old reliable, when she developed a case of what
seemed like cutting out on occasion. Didn't think it was fuel pump as it
idled fine and after going slower(not under load) got me home. It seemed
that if I got into it, the condition would cause a situation not unlike
hitting the gas and then the brake, bucking would be a good description.
Stopped the car, looked under by the pump and it ticked fine at idle.
Lifted the hood to see if anything obvious going on, nothing. Took it
slow and got the 20 miles home with just a few more instances.
Any thoughts where to look first. I'm thinking electrics, not fuel.
Cheers,
Dave Houser