Re: Engine mods and reliability

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine mods and reliability
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:47:50 -0700 (PDT)
> Admittedly you don't drive for hours at 100mph on a
> cross country trip
> (well, *I* don't) but I drove my car for 8 hours at
> mostly 70mph (65 is
> the maximum speed limit) to a race meeting at
> Easter.  Raced her.  Then
> drove 8 hours back and suffered no ill effects.  >

 Eric,
     I took my 1976 B roadster on a 34000 mile "road
trip" two years ago.. It took me 10 weeks..I circled
the country(USA) twice..just driving around visiting
friends and generally enjoying the air in my
face..Weather was HOT! Over 38 d. c. for most of the
trip..My B suffered no breakdowns..travel speeds were
in excess of 100 mph in the western states( I have O/D
fitted.)
     I believe that if I had fitted the proper
combination of power adding equipment, for street
driving, I would have had the same relibility.
    But we may be comparing apples and wombats
here..Sprint racing is not road driving.
Howard
http://sbc.yahoo.com