Re: Mounting liscense plate

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mounting liscense plate
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:18:57 +0930
Bill Meyer wrote:

> I have had a rectangular stamped aluminum "British" plat made up for the front
> of my '67 B.  No holes in it, no nothing.  Do I just drill holes in it & bolt
> it to the bumper, or what???

Bill, that is how the plates are mounted on CBBs (in fact As and BGTs
and Cs too - from what I can see in my little photo collection) in
Australia. Centre it nicely, drill it and with two appropriate bolts you
are right.  In fact, this is the way that ALL number plates seem to be
mounted here, on older cars that have these same sorts of bumpers.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI