RE: Short versus long water pumps

To: "'Larry Colen'" <lrcar@red4est.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Short versus long water pumps
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:05:29 -0700
Larry:

The belt location is the same no matter which pump is used.

The early pumps have a long snout, and use a very deep stamped steel pulley.
The later pumps are about 1" shorter and use either a cast iron, or two
piece stamped steel pulley which is almost flat.  Jasmine would have
originally had a stamped steel pulley with two belt grooves.  The pulley
depth would have been about 2"

Hope this helps.

Kelvin.