RE: God Awful squeal

To: mghirsch@netzero.com
Subject: RE: God Awful squeal
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:57:52 -0400
Well, I got the 1" number from my Haynes shop manual, which from the way it
was worded I think means a half inch to either side of center.

The belt is pretty much the same tension, it seems, as when I put the water
pump on.  I don't think it's excessively loose, although I can try to
tighten it again.

The heightened tension at the moment is mine, trying to get rid of this
thing. :)

I'll try it without the belt.  Hopefully it's the belt, but I'm not sure
what I may have missed.

Please let me know if you think the 1/2" from center (on the long side) is
too much.  I can try and make it tighter, but it's pretty much where it
usually lives.

Thanks

- Tab