Re: Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:23:04 EDT
In a message dated 03/10/02 10:44:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Kelvin Dodd
>
> 65 MGB Vintage Racecar:  2 sets of 14" Minilite replicas
> 80 MGB:  set of nice Italian Minilite replicas
> 58 MGA:  set of 15" Minilite replicas
> 58 MGA:  set of knock off 15" Minilite replicas
> 66 MGB GT:  set of custom made 15X7 knock off Western Racing Minilite
> replicas
> 58 Magnette:  set of 15" Minilite replicas
> 66 Jaguar 3.8S:  wanting a set of real Minilite knockoffs

First, beware the alloy wheels with knock-off adaptors. Several have failed
in use. This does not seem to be a problem with the bolt on wheels.

Second, Kelvin, how did you get the alloys on the Maggot - did you have to
machine the hub down a little (I recall assessing my ZB for fitment of
Triumph adaptors and wire wheels and having to reduce the hub)?

Bill

58 Twincam race car - knock-off Dunlop wheels (went back from mags a few
years ago)
62 Deluxe Coupe -  knock-off Dunlop wheels
69 MGC - wires
63 TVR Grantura Mk3 race car - American Racing magnesium (NOT aluminum)
wheels - a competition option for this car.
65 Jensen CV-8 - aftermarket alloy wheels
72 Jensen Interceptor - factory alloy wheels (and alloy NUTS too!)
88 Fiero GT - factory alloy wheels
69 Lamborghini Islero S - factory Campagnolo magnesium knock-off wheels and 3
eared Ben Hur style spinners.

Sad to say, my wife's minivan just has factory alloys, no knock-offs ;-)