Re: Minator Wheels

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minator Wheels
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:03:49 -0400
The wheel splines are in great shape (as are the hubs') I didn't mind the
chrome, but didn't find it particularly appealing.  If I were keeping them I
had in mind painting the adapters  and spokes black and keeping the rims
silver.  That was a common period color scheme and I think would look really
sharp with the chrome winged knock offs.  But then, there is no accounting
for taste!  Unfortunately, there is accounting for the cost of a proper
chrome job.  Big bucks to get it done right.  That is whay most chromed
pieces off the shelf these days are pretty shoddy.

Dean

depends on the condition of the splines really.

I don't think I would powder coat the chromed part.  your next owner
might rather have them
re-chromed.  (I would.)

Andrew Lundgren