Re: Stuck caliper bleeder screw

To: Cyc10@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck caliper bleeder screw
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:10:43 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/02 8:58:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Cyc10@aol.com
writes:

> I just purchased a 70 B and am in the process of getting it back on the
> road.
> The front bleeder screws on the calipers are both frozen solid. I have
> tried
> hitting them on the top with a hammer, applied heat with propane  and used
> PB
> Blaster.  I would like to remove them without damaging the calipers.  Any
> one
> have  any tips?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Soak the threads with PB Blaster or Busty for a few days.  Try again using
the proper size box-end wrench or a socket wrench, so you are grabbing all
the flats.  If you twist it in half (which you will probably do!) use a screw
extractor, then clean up the threads.

Keep trying, they do eventually come out.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (awaiting a new ECU!)