Replacing a MGA 1500 Top [Hood]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing a MGA 1500 Top [Hood]
From: bamadio@statestreet.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:44:55 -0400
Some time ago I purchased a replacement top for my MGA 1500 but only now am
I getting around to installing it.  I noticed that the replacement top [a
Robbins brand, I think] has a pocket or sleeve  designed to cover the first
cross-bow back from the header.  The problem is there seems to be now way
to fit the bow into the sleeve since the sleeve is completely stitched up,
the bow is welded to the rest of the top frame, and also because the sleeve
is about 1-2 inches back from the actual location of the cross-bow.

My question is, has anyone else run into this problem when installing a top
on the MGA and should I just ignore it?  Or is it possible they shipped me
the wrong top?

All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

TIA,
Bruce...