MG ZA Magnette question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG ZA Magnette question
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Alex@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:30:52 -0700
Fellow listers,

One of my customers is restoring a 1958 MG ZA Magnette. It is a pretty sound
car in most respects but needs some minor bits and pieces to make it perfect
(an original steering wheel centerpiece, for example).

In recent years, many ZAs and ZBs have been consigned to scrap yards because
of terminal rust or irrepairable damage to that lovely (but
rare-as-hen's-teeth) grille shell. If any of you know the whereabouts of a
ZA or ZB parts car, or wrecking yard that might have one, or even a Z
Magnette enthusiast who might have a stash of parts, I'd sure be grateful to
hear from you.

TIA,

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center