Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians

To: "Neil Cotty" <ncotty@globalfreightsolutions.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:32:42 +0200
Doing 90 towards roundabouts reminds me of the many months I spent in the UK
around South Harrow for a new hire training..
With lots of guys in a new hire class in '78 there were some Intalians.
These were the most wreckless people I ever saw:
1
The took the roundabout with this high speed or even faster (straigth
through!)
2
Another story with them: they had found a shortcut going through small
streets instead of following the main traffic. So they had to pass two poles
which were at the entrance of a residential area, which normally are meant
to keep the trucks out.
Again their sports were to pass this area at high speeds.
Then after several days they turned up at the training center with the story
they heard a funny noice choff-choff.
They sawnothing special, but looking at the other side of the car we all saw
they totally ripped off the door handles by hiiting a pole.
3 Funny roundabout - saw one where one could travel in both directions.
(Hemel Heampstead) Everyone passed so carefully - almost dents happened.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT