email sent to Bob Shaw

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: email sent to Bob Shaw
From: "Mike Lewellen" <Mike.Lewellen@insightBB.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:50:21 -0500
Bob,

I saw your post on the MG list.  You recommended a pertronix electronic
ignition.  I have a 76 B with a Weber downdraft and a pertronix electronic
ignition. I am having a problem with power.  I think it is timing related. I
have static timed this car but I can not see the timing marks when I try to
time it with a timinig light. My light has an adjustment so you can set the
advance to as much as 60 degrees but I still don't see the timing marks. THe
car seems to run good but no power.  It has a lucas 25D distributor and the
vacuum advance is not working.  No vacuum from the weber anyway.

I know with electronic ignition they say your timing worries are gone but does
that mean I can't adjust it?

What do you think?

Mike Lewellen