Front springs too short

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front springs too short
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:57:46 -0500
The front springs on my '71 B are an inch too low (and my rears are an inch
too high). I've measured the axel to chrome strip distance on dozens of
level looking B's, and I believe I have a good idea what the height should
be. Is there some kind of spacer or doodad that can raise the front up an
inch? My local mechanic tried several sets of new springs, but evidently the
new crop of replacement spring are all weak. I seem to remember a spacer
that would clamp to a coil spring and keep one turn spread apart. Is this
gizmo still available?

In lieu of a quick fix, does anyone know of a source of proper strength
front springs? Better yet, a slightly higher spring to help level the car?
(Because the rear is too high.) Would a GT spring work?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336