Re: Pertronix questions

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Pertronix questions
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 01:40:19 -0500
Bob:

    I installed the Pertronix in my '71 and the idle came out smoother. The
Pertronix caused a huge initial shift in the timing, but after adjustment
all was fine. I set the timing to the same spec. Did you remember to
disconnect the vacuum when setting the timing?

    I am also happy with the Pertronix in my TD. The points in the TD were
always fouling with oil. The Pertronix is unaffected by oil. I don't see any
reason to rebuild the distributor now, as long as the centrifugal advance is
still working.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470