Re: Vacuum strangeness

To: "Warren Pruitt" <warrenpruitt@ls3p.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum strangeness
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:38:13 +0100
Disconnecting the vacuum line from the capsule will introduce a vacuum leak,
which if the take-off is on the carb should do nothing at idle but if it is
on the manifold would cause the revs to rise.  However the same manifold
take-off also results in max vacuum advance, so removing that pipe should
slow the engine, so I suspect you are getting no vacuum advance.  Put the
pipe on the capsule and suck on it, see if it will hold a vacuum and
actually does alter the timing.