Tow Bar

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Tow Bar
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:46:34 -0500
Hi Don,

  I had to go look at the bar because I bought it 4 years ago or so.  I
messed up.  It's a 5,000 lb bar, not a 4,000 lb.

  Here's what it says on it:

     V-5
     2" BALL - SAE CLASS 3
     5,000LBS  MGTW
     MAX TONGUE WT
     15% GTW
     MODEL 990-3
     DUTTON - LAINSON CO.
     HASTINGS, NE

  It has a date of mfr. 07/98, so no telling if it's still made or the
company is still in business under that name.  I did buy it at Pep Boys
in San Antonio, TX, an hour's drive for me too.  Anyhoo with the above
info they should be able to zero in on it.

  OOPS!!  I just saw the other post from you and followed the link.
It's the #74950 adjustable bar.  You need the chains; they're for safety
in case the bar comes off the ball while you're towing.  I seem to
recall that I had to buy the chains separately.

  Sorry for the confusion.  I got on the Dutton-Lainson  website but
they done't show towbars now.  But the Reese #74950 looks to be the same
bar.

  Cheers,

  CR