Re: Road and Track - negative camber

To: "'MGS'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Road and Track - negative camber
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:03:14 +0930
Larry Hoy wrote:

> > Now my question... how much camber do I want?
>
> At least .5 degrees, no more than 1.5.

Thanks Larry and Dean and Steve and Barney (for the detailed response)
and the future answerers.  Having already killed my race budget for this
year (as always) this looks like the start of my next year's development
schedule.  I have one more sprint this year and I will do this on my 15"
rims and 205/60 tires - they still have a few hot laps left in them and
with the new torque I have found in my car they won't such a trial to
get up to speed out of the corners this time.

Another lesson learned - and how boring would live be if we didn't any
more lessons to learn (no matter how expensive they might be :-)

My Xmas present to myself (and my car) will be a couple of new tires and
the negative-camber A-arms.  A wheel alignment, a few chalk marks and
tire temperature checks later and I will have made my next step up the
race-boy ladder :-)

I still enjoy driving her on the roads so there I am still quite a way
from this car being a "race car" and I want it to stay that way for now.
 Someone stop me when I talk about "significantly lightening" the poor
little thing

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII