Interior Originality?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Originality?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:56:09 -0800 (PST)
Hi, all... I was stripping the interior of the '65 B project car this
week-end. Removed all of the interior panels. On the inside of the doors,
once I removed the main panels, were black vinyl 'covers' that I assume
provide some additional protection to the window workings. They are
basically a sheet of black vinyl that was very lightly adhered over the
openings inside the door. My question is, is that how the cars came from
the factory? I'm trying to determine whether or not these were the
original door panels. There was a foam 'washer' about 3.5 inches in
diameter on the window winder crank, between the outer and the inner
panels. Is there a way I can tell from the panels themselves whether they
are original? There are no markings of any sort on the backs....

Thanks....

=====
Dan
The Garden State (What Exit?)