Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease - handbrake cable story

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>,
Subject: Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease - handbrake cable story
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:31:41 +0100
Hihihi,

Reminds me of my handbrake cable.
When my BGT came home from the paint shop and only got the gare engine in
the bay, nothing else was present in the motorbay.
So no normal brakes acted...
My garage is under my home, so the GT had to be moved into the garage
rolling from a ramp.
So I used the handbrake and it all went well.

No the scary part - when finishing the car rebuild I found the cable only
was broken except of three wires of the total cable! Have I been lucky - for
the same the cable would have been broken on the ramp and I was not able to
stop the newly sprayed car at all!!!!

I still sweat on this...
So handbrake cables do wear (B's) as mine had this near the lever (front)

Cheers,

Hans