Update on 1969 MGC

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on 1969 MGC
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:07:46 -0800 (PST)
Listers
I'm making slow progress on the C roadster.  I just
got word that my Radiator will be $295.00
(re-core)Dick's Rad shop, Upper Hanover Twp
610-323-0860.  I have the shroud and sealing bracket
out to be stripped and repainted.  Any recommendations
on primer?  I'm going with a gloss black paint for
final coat.  Fan is off and will get a yellow final
coat.  New bonnet prop will get Mineral blue.  I have
heat shield in place but will remove and apply Summit
material on exhaust side to reflect heat.  This will
be riveted.  Should I use any special rivets?  Gas
tank will get painted black this weekend as well.
Alternator was rebuilt $75.00 with Lucas core.  Local
guy in Souderton called AM-FOR Auto Electric's, Inc.
103 N. Main Souderton, PA. 18964. His name is Jim and
does a nice job. Been doing LBC's for 30 years.  Not
on internet. He's going to do some beed blasting for
me as well.
 I have a lot of engine parts ready to replace old
worn rubber and gaskets.  I'm waiting for carb rebuild
kit and Master brake cylinder next.  Seats and soft
top will have to wait for a while.  Battery and cables
are in and near ready for test start.  I washed the
1/2 tonneau (boot cover) and it came out pretty nice.
Seat belts are here and will be the old style that
hook outside cockpit.  I have 2 brand new retractable
belts for a B on sale for $75.00 each plus shipping if
anyone needs them.  I took pictures for the Insurance
man and will send for a title from the state, as soon
as my Heritage Certificate arrives from across the
pond (-:
OK time to do so Swim Team work. Safety Fast
Jim
69C
70B