Re: Goguen Auction

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goguen Auction
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:40:21 -0500
WOW! some folks got some great deals. I do remember hearing about this
auction but had no idea when it was going to be. Thought I was fairly well
embedded in the info loop but then again I can have stuff slip from my mind
on occasion. As I have no interest in the purchase of another MG any time
soon I may have heard and not filed it in memory.

BTW Dave: Did I tell you that my daughter is renting a room in New Paltz
where the sister of a girl who works in your dog's vet's office is also
renting a room? I know Kevin Bacon has something to do with it as well :-)
but not sure how exactly.

David Deutsch

Listers,
Ran up to see the auction in Wethersfield, CT on Saturday of some of the
cars that Jerry had in his museum in Westminister. The MGA 1600 with a
1622 engine and grill went for $1000, a 63 B went for $2400, a 74 BGT
bought new by Jerry went for $3100, a 1953 Arnolt coupe went for
$12,500, a 1953 Inskip TD went for $12,800(cheap considering 3 known to
exist) and a restored 1948 TC that went for $19,900. All went without
reserves.
Following the car auction was an afternoon of automobilia, the least of
which was MG related.
A sad passing of one man's love of the hobby.
Dave Houser