convertable top question....

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: convertable top question....
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 20:15:21 -0700
I have a '70 B. (Oct '69) I also have a non-removable frame top.  (Well
you can remove it, but it takes tools.)  I was told the frame is off of
a later car as mine should have had a stow away top.

Not a big huge deal to me.  I don't know how much time it really saves
as it is still a bit of a pain to put up and clamp down when it is
cold.

That said, it is about time for a new top.  Mine has a few holes and is
looking the part of a ragtop.

Is there anything I should be aware of when buying a new folding frame
top cover?  Is the cloth in the two top frames the same or is it a
different cut?

I am thinking about caribou canvas for the $ and the canvas.  I have
heard the 3 month horror stories yet and remain undaunted as I have
also heard that eventually they come through.

Any other reasonably priced canvas tops out there?  Anyone hate their
canvas top?  If not a canvas one, then which vinyl one[s]?

TIA!

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net