FW: My GT is gassing me

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: My GT is gassing me
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:11:32 -0800
Jay:

Sorry to say it, but I'm betting the top of your gas tank is corroded and
has a leak.  The best way to be sure is to run the car on 1/2 full tank for
a while and see if the smell goes away.  Then fill the tank up, if the smell
comes back, chances are it's the tank.

Water from condensation sits between the tank top and the bodyshell.  After
a while corrosion will penetrate the tank, usually at the front edge.  It's
a common problem with the B.

Kelvin.