Winter driving question (No LBC content)

Subject: Winter driving question (No LBC content)
From: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:27:58 -0500
I'm looking for a tire chain alternative I first saw a couple of years ago.
It was a plastic hub that fastened to your wheels via the lug nuts. And then
a series of 4 or 5 arms or fingers locked onto the hub and went around the
tire giving it a temporary and easily removable studded surface for snow and
ice. Has anyone from the great white north seen this? And do any of you have
any idea what it's called and/or where I can find it? Thanks in advance,

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster