Re: shot myself in the foot again...

To: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shot myself in the foot again...
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:53:47 -0000
Hardly surprising.  Even taking a pair of carbs off and putting them
straight back on would require setting up from scratch in my book.  Putting
them on a different car, or dropping the linkage, ditto, even assuming they
were spot-on to begin with.

You need to go slacken all the linkage clamps and balance the air-flow (both
on- and off-idle) and mixture for both normal running and fast-idle and
choke.  You might like to look at the web site below and click on 'Spanners'
and 'SU Carbs'.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk