Re: Radio Antenna

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio Antenna
From: "William" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:56:07 -0500
I just recently had a respray done, and replaced the antenna when I got the
car back, I did not have to go inside the fender at all...

all I had to do was...

1, unscrew the base of the antenna
2, pull the other side (inside of fender part) of the base up through the
hole (the base tilts so it will fit through the hole)
3, clip off the base from the wire
4, attach the wire from the new base (I installed a retractable antenna) to
the old wire (I used electrical tape, end to end so it would fit through the
existing hole leading into the cabin,
5, from the inside of the car pull the old antenna wire thorough till you
get the end of the new wire into the cabin
6, screw the retainer onto the new antenna.
7, disconnect the old antenna wire from the radio and connect the new one..

all done through the little hole in the fender :-)