Re: The last good day?

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: The last good day?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:13:41 -0500
Blake,
  Thank you for the explanation.  I've been aware of the condition ever
since I spun a car at age 14, but not why it happens.  There was a light
wind blowing on Sunday with mist in the air.
  Another slippery condition is caused by leaves, some thing that nearly
caused a crash in front of me earlier today.  A truck approaching an
intersection, moderate speed, turn signals working, applied brakes and
just glided on and on and on toward an increasingly uncomfortable-looking
driver in the stopped car ahead.  Finally the locked front wheels started
turning, the tires gripped pavement, and the truck swerved into the
intended turn.  No harm done to anything except the nerves of drivers and
onlookers to the event.
Bob