Re: MG Taxes in VA, MD, FL

To: MG Listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Taxes in VA, MD, FL
From: Kevin Shertz <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:11:47 -0500
Dave:

The DC DMV web site is at:

http://dmv.washingtondc.gov/info/feerequirementsvr.shtm

In short, you'll be assessed 6% of the car's blue book value to register it,
plus the title and tag fees, etc.  Registering my car - a 1980 MG - this
past July cost me about $360.00, including the temporary tags.

I'm registered as a daily driver, not historic.  Either way, in DC, you have
to go through emissions inspection, etc.

There is not an annual "car tax" in DC.  I'm pretty much set now until 2004,
when it'll probably cost me about $125 to register for another 2 years.

Regards,
Kevin Shertz
1980 MGB