Re: Murphy's Law

To: "JAMES SCHULTE" <schultejim@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Murphy's Law
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:47:24 -0700
They told me the damage estimate was too high to repair.  (over 75% of
the agreed value)

They asked me if I wanted it.  I told them yes.  So they told me I
would have to match their highest of three bidders.

They called around town to the local salvage yards to see who would by
a 30 year old wreck.

One guy offered them $300 for it.  No one else wanted it.

So I said I wanted to buy it for the $300 and it was done.  They sent
me a check for the agreed value, minus $300 and a notification of
cancellation of my policy as the car was now wrecked.

(I had to reapply and was denied.  I will try again when I am beyond
the years that they ask about accidents.)

On a side note, I know the guy who offered $300, and am glad he didn't
know what car it was.  He had gone though and rebuilt my O/D the summer
before for about $600.

Parts alone put the car way beyond the $300, so it was worth it to me
even if I did replace rather than repair.

Which sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been a better idea...  But
I know what I have, and that is worth a lot as well.  Just things to
consider.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net