Re: Rev Limiter Source

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rev Limiter Source
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:26:18 EST
In a message dated 21/11/02 1:07:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> He has in stock:
>
> Lucas 40 series distributors (7000 rev limit) $35.23 each
> Lucas 20 series distributors (6500 rev limit) $35.23 each
>
> From what some sources have said, these limits should be adjustable to some
> extent.

To adjust them, you need to alter the amount of mass on the weight that
slides out. They usually have some small screws and such that you could
remove, or you could grind the weight if you wanted to raise the limit, but I
suspect that you are talking about wanting to have a little lower limit than
the 6500 unit. You'd have to run it up on a distributor machine and add
larger screws (that still cleared the cap etc.) until you got it where you
want it.

Enjoy

Bill