Parts Stores, Was: Lost Generation

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Stores, Was: Lost Generation
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:51:31 -0600
Recently, I was searching for a starter for a Toyota pickup (Ol' Faithful)
.  Anyway, Autozone could help me out for about $120.00.  The local NAPA
shut it's doors, so that left them out.  I ended up going to a local
imports parts house called "Roy Rogers", which seemed to specialize in
air-cooled Volkswagen parts, but they had Autozone beat by $75 for a
one-year warranteed model and their BOSCH lifetime model was only $85.00.
Go figure, the "little man" had the best deals.  FWIW, I'd had excellent
experience with the NAPA store as far as prices are concerned.  They once
beat Autozone for the exact same heater core for a Mazda Navajo (Ford
Explorer) by $20.  Rick is right about them.  I do like Autozone because
they are pretty good about loaning out pulley/gear-pullers and such.  That
way, folks don't have to buy one at Sears and return it the next day. :)

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)