Re: RV8 to USA?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RV8 to USA?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:41:58 EST
In a message dated 11/26/02 8:32:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
budkrueger@earthlink.net writes:

> About a year and a half I helped a friend to find and buy an RV8 over in
> Jolly Olde.  His employer is about to ship him back stateside.  To
> California,
> no less.  Problem is --- he's fallen in love with the RV8 and wants to
> bring it
> with him.  Anybody out there know if it's at all possible to do so?  TIA.

Buy a title from a 1959 MGA and replace the VIN plate!  :-)

Actually, you better touch base with the CA DOT.  They are a bit anal about
that sort of thing.  Then there are the Feds to contend with...

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)