mohair top from prestige.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mohair top from prestige.
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:55:18 -0700
I just finished glueing my new top on the head rail and attaching the
AL seal holder.

I bought the top from prestige.  It came with all the dot snaps and
normal snaps attached except the two that attach to the windshield
pillars.  It also came with directions.  Though I chose not to follow
them.  I followed the ones in Porters restoration book.  Porter's had
pictures and were easier to follow because of that.

Porter's way also seemed to leave less to chance tightness wise.

Porters has you start with pulling the attached top tight and glueing
the middle third.  Then the two sides.

Prestige has you start by attaching two screws in the header rail ends
with it slack, then continuing on towards the middle.

Having said that, I am very happy with the top.  It was very easy to
install.  It did take me multiple hours, but that was mostly due to it
being the first time, and being careful.

Not a hard or stressful job. (Unlike the e-clips or the unmodified
transmission mounts.)  Just slow and easy.

The directions in the Porter book make it worth the $35 or so it cost
for the hardback.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net