? a new thread- LBC's & MG's in literature

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ? a new thread- LBC's & MG's in literature
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:49:25 -0500
Cold here (NJ) but not as cold as Montana!

I was reading a novel and came across a most interesting passage.  Not only
did it pin me to the wall, it made me think...we've had threads about MG's
in music, in movies, in television shows, even in haikus, but not, in my
recollection (3 years), in novels.
        So here is my attempt to start the LBC and MG in literature
thread...and I
dedicate this passage especially to Bud Krueger

>From a mighty strange (and enjoyable) novel by Eric Kraft, "Herb 'n' Lorna,
a Love Story."

(Lead in:  The Piper failing was to fall for scams and other behaviors that
lead to loss of personal wealth.)
"The essence of the Piper failing was a tendency to let the heart rule the
mind. We all suffer from this disease at some times, to some degree. It has
consequences other than bad investments. It makes some of us write books
and compose music and paint pictures. It makes some of us try to restore
two-hundred-year-old wooden houses or twenty-year-old British sports cars."

When I read that I thought...he's one of us.

Happy holidays.

Bill
'76B
and an OD to be installed next year, courtesy of Steve Shoyer.