Re: LBC's & MG's in literature

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC's & MG's in literature
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:18:54 +1030
OK, I'll stop now.  But get me GOOGLE-ing and you never know where it
will lead me (or how much sleep I will lose being led!

Isn't it amazing that the MG drivers in these stories (or the
storytellers) don't just refer to them as "the car", or "the sports
car", but it has to be "the MG" - even when I really can't see how it is
super-relevent to the story :-)

--------

Renaissance Woman
by Mardee Louise Prynne
(not for the faint of heart :-)

"Andie got into the station wagon as Robbi took the wheel. Andie
clutched a violin case to her as if it were her security blanket. Janie
and Tabby went ahead in the MG"

"Janie eased the MG into the rest stop. The late autumn sun had just
crested the horizon. Breakfast was calling the hungry trio. Tabby and
Andie were crammed into the passenger seat. Tabby had gotten in first
and Andie had sat between her wide-spread thighs. Not comfortable but it
beat having one of them sit in the narrow space behind the seats"

"They parked the MG behind the tearoom and boutique and entered by the
back door of the boutique."

'Tabby stood over the fallen thug. who struggled to his feet. Janie and
Andie emerged from the MG. The two thugs loomed over the Janus trio in a
futile attempt to intimidate. "You really think you three little girls
are good odds to beat us?"'

http://www.storysite.org/story/renaissancewoman~01.html

;-)

--