Re: help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:16:13 EST
In a message dated 12/5/02 9:39:30 AM, slimyrat@hotmail.com writes:

<< does anyone know offhand what size spanner to use on the castellated nut
holding the rear wheel bearings onto a tube axle? >>

I am fairly certain that it is 1 5/16".  Now, the part that I am certain
about is that most standard sockets of that size are too wide to get into the
hub, having gone through two regular sockets before learning exactly what to
get.  Hint--not Craftsman.
I had to order an SK #40142 1/2in drive socket from an on-line tool company.
I doubt you'll find that at a thrift shop.
The bummer for me is that after all that effort to get the right socket the
damn nut was frozen on to the axel and I had to seek professional help.  I
hate when that happens.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang