Re: Blowing It

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blowing It
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:07:36 EST
In a message dated 12/6/02 7:56:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Various people have mentioned O-ringing the block. I've also heard
> that this does not work well on MGBs. Does anyone have any experience?

It will work, but there isn't much room between the adjacent bores, so you
need to be careful.

OTOH, with only 6.5 psi, you shouldn't need to bother. I run more than 13 psi
on an engine with 8.5 compression and no trouble with sealing.

If you were running 14:1 compression (without blower, needless to say), THEN
you'd have to worry about sealing!

Bill