Re: Manufacturer's Profits at Buyer's Expense

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Manufacturer's Profits at Buyer's Expense
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:24:57 -0800
on 12/6/02 11:38 AM, Paul T. Root at proot@horton.iaces.com wrote:

> Exactly, I'm trying hard not to buy an SUV because it sends the wrong message.
> My wife won't do the minivan thing (neither would I) but we need more space.
> We need a Station wagon. Up until recently, they have not been available in
> a price agreeable, ascetically agreeable form (the Saab is too much money,
> the VW is ugly and too much money, etc.). If the price was right, the ZT-T
> would be perfect. As it is, the Mazda 6 next year will be perfect.
>
> I get what I need, and I don't send the message that 'SUV is good' to Detroit.

Actually, I think carmakers are starting to "get it" regarding station
wagons. There are more available now then have been for many years. Ford,
Volvo, BMW, Mazda, Subaru, Toyota, VW, Suzuki, and many others.

My sister has the Mazda Protigi wagon -- it's very stylish and well
equipped, albeit small. And a friend just bought a pair of Subarus --
Forester and Outback.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149