Re: Bad Taste Award December Edition

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Taste Award December Edition
From: S & M Barnes <barnes@mghorizon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:13:34 -0600
Max Heim Stated:

> The concept of cruising at 200mph in a late 40s US station wagon is pretty
> terrifying. I suspect this fellow was, er, embellishing the truth a bit,
> shall we say.

I should have been a little more detailed and accurate in my original
description, the car was a 1970s woody type, not an original woody, it was
an LTD if my memory serves me correctly.

You are probably correct in the owner slightly embellishing the truth about
"cruising" at 200 mph although there is no reason to doubt the car would do
the stated 200 mph if it was required, the engine was kicking out about 1800
bhp and this was plenty to propel the car to those speeds. The car was also
featured in the UKs Street Machine magazine sometime around 1986 - 1989 but
I can't be more specific that that as to the date.

MikeB

1965B Under Construction.