Airplane powered cars - was bad taste

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Airplane powered cars - was bad taste
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:20:42 US/Mountain
Those things may be bad taste, but the power is pretty awesome.  My dad
knew Art Arfons - he was the first guy to put a jet engine in a car.  He
held several records in his lifetime, and still holds one for some odd
thing like fastest drive in an open car.  I've heard some pretty odd
stories on Art - and I think he is still around and kicking (but no longer
driving jet powered cars).

This may actually belong on the british cars list, not mgs, but I thought
I'd contribute to the discussion.  It is a british team that currently
holds the land speed record, just over mach one.

Phil Bates
'58 MGA
'67 MGB