Re: Sprites & Midgets

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprites & Midgets
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:59:59 -0800
Well, for one thing, this is an MG list, so naturally Midgets are a more
common topic. <g>

They stopped making Sprites earlier, I believe around 1969, while they
continued the Midget until 1980. So, even though the Sprite appeared a few
years earlier (the Midget was introduced simultaneously with the Sprite
MkII), the total production of Midgets was much higher.

I might add that in my experience, Sprite-fanciers tend to concentrate on
the original "frog eye" models, treating the later squared-off ones as
badge-engineered Midgets; when of course it is more appropriate to think of
Midgets as badge-engineered Sprites! In any case, there is a tendency for
them to be lumped together as "Spridgets".

There is a Spridget list, similar to this one, where I'm sure you'd hear
plenty of Sprite talk. <g>

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149