MGA with an Attitude gets a new URL - Bookmarks please

To: mgs@autox.team.net, britishcars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA with an Attitude gets a new URL - Bookmarks please
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:07:56 -0600
Seasons Greetings,

The MGA with an attitude just got a new URL for Christmas.  It was due for
a new home for a long time now, having long since outgrown its space
allowance and was spread over a couple of different servers with strange
links.  Changing address with departure from the old web server(s), I at
last registered a domain name so the address should never have to change
again.  Should have done that a long time ago (20-20 hind site).  The new
web address is
       http://www.mgaguru.com
This works with or without the "http://"; or the "www." in front, and is not
case sensitive, so the short form
       MGAguru.com
will work just as well with a browser.  Along with it comes my new email
address
       barneymg@MGAguru.com
also not case sensitive.

Good news is, the entire web site is now all in one place, which should
avoid some confusion.  So-so news is, the new server is not geographically
in my back yard like the old one, so it's a little slower for me to access
over the net,  but I trust the rest of the world should not notice any
difference (still completely ad free).  Bad news is, now I get to start all
over with the search engines, and I will be spending some time trying to
contact web sites having links to my old address.

The site still has the same structure as before.  So for those of you with
existing bookmarks, you can just replace the prior
"www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/" with the new "www.mgaguru.com/" and the rest
of the link will work as before to find the same page.

I will be keeping the old site operational for a while so current visitors
won't be completely lost.  I would like to write a server side routine that
will refer visitors to the new address, but this is not my normal life, so
I could use some help there if anyone with the right tallents would like to
contact me privately.  Email will be forwarded or otherwise retrieved from
my old address for a while as well, so hopefully no one's messages will be
lost.

I hope you all don't see me as being too presumptuous with the new name.  I
really wanted to name the site after the car, but mgawithanattitude is too
long to type regularly, mgausa.com belongs to Miniature Golfer's
Association, and search engines treat mga-usa as two separate words,
bringing up all sorts of unrelated web references.  By coincidence, search
engines currently turn up no references at all for mgaguru, but I figure to
be changing that soon.

Oh, the other good news is that my MG Tech section is now over 300 web
pages, and will hopefully continue to grow (so keep on asking questions).

Happy holidays,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com