Re: dash removal

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dash removal
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:10:08 -0700
Monte,

On my 72B, I was able to pull the dash out part way after removing the
speedometer and cable. This actually worked out well because then I was
able to see all the wires from the top and using masking tape, I was able
to mark each one with its location before detaching them from the
instruments. Plus access was easier that way. I ended up replacing the
wiring harness, partly because the tach wiring was fried some time during
the previous owner's tenure and that ended up being the only problem when
reassembling because I missed the green wire connection. One thing for sure
- its easier to attach and detach wires while the dash is detached unless
you have really small hands.

David
67 BGT
72 B - restoration