A relay is good for fog light installations

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A relay is good for fog light installations
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:19:33 EST
To close the loop on this discussion, I got two Lucas-labeled fog lights
during Moss' sale--saved a bunch, thank you--and picked up a relay kit from
Advance.  It all worked very well, although the kit is structured for this
3-wire on/off switch and clearly could not use the standard MG fog/driving
light switch, so I'll have to rework the wiring later to incorporate that
switch.  The MG switch, by the way, has contacts in either direction of
throw, and clearly can handle both fog and driving lights.
I wired it to my parking lights, and that works very well to use the fogs
with just the parking lights and not the headlights, although that means the
fogs stay on with the high beams.  However, the resulting light coverage with
high beams--I've got the high-power sealed beams--and both fogs is something
to behold.  I drive with daylight before me, loving it.  Fogs, of course, are
aimed low to avoid blinding on-coming traffic.

Happy New Year,

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT(well lit)
66 Mustang